Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Still Getting Sorted

From being on Twitter I've come across some engrossing, insightful, and brilliant blogs making me aware that my blog does not fit the fore mentioned adjectives. Though I've struggled with the challenges of having Asperger's Syndrome my whole life, I didn't actually know that I had Asperger's until I got diagnosed less than a year ago. I went from just being "weird" and socially awkward to having a syndrome. Having a diagnosis does more than just name the reason why I am the way I am, it also changes my perspective of myself. Before gaining insight or wisdom, I first have to experience my life with having Asperger's Syndrome, which differs greatly from my former life as the weirdo. This may seem to be just semantics, but it is not. Pre diagnosis was a life of self ignorance and loathing without any opportunity to improve myself. Knowing I have AS opened a whole new and vast uncharted world of self awareness. My self esteem and self tolerance improved, however I'm still working on my confidence. Hopefully, in time, my journey will yield some insight that I can share that may help others on their journey of self awareness.

1 comment:

  1. You write very well. Don't let your perceived lack of "brilliance" keep you from this project. I enjoyed reading your blog today!

    ReplyDelete